Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Bright Idea


Last week I had the bright idea to institute a Family Movie NIght on Friday nights. The boys have usually had Wednesday night as Movie Night. This is my choir night, and they usually watch with Steve. Sometimes they play Wii instead. Regardless, I'm never included in these movie nights.

I thought maybe we could all take turns picking the movie. That way, we'd all get to watch something we'd like to see. It would be fair. And fun!

The boys immediately chose Harry Potter as the first movie. The first one. It isn't that scary, I figured, so we all watched the first one, and it was great.

Then, last Friday, Nate chose Yogi Bear.

It wasn't so bad, in that I hadn't seen it before, except for a few moments on a plane at some point.

Next week is Andy's week. He wants to watch Atlantis, a Disney movie that we own, and have seen a billion times.

It suddenly occurred to me that, even though I now have an opportunity to expose my boys to classic films such as Superman and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (originals, please), they now have the opportunity to expose me to a number of silly and stupid and mind numbing things, such as Pokemon films. And movies with talking dogs.

Me and my bright ideas.


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hee hee hee! I got no sympathy for you. You brought this one on yourself. What did you expect, a budding Roger Ebert in the group? Try to read your Kindle while they watch something unwatchable.