Wednesday, February 13, 2008

THIS is NORMAL?

Just in case anyone was wondering what "normal" is around here...


Yesterday we woke up to a very cold day. We had nothing on our schedule - no school, no classes. So I decided we were going to stay in and play with our toys. All of us - me included.

But then Steve came down and announced that they predicted a snow storm for that night, and I should get any errands out of the way before sundown to avoid any getting-out-the-driveway difficulties. And I knew he was right. So instead of playing, I dragged the kids to the grocery store. I feel as though I'm ALWAYS going to the grocery store.

And sure enough, this morning is snowy. School is closed. Gymnastics is canceled. I have no idea if the trash men will swing by to pick up the trash, or if any trash bins put out will simply be knocked over by the careless snowplow drivers.

And yes, it's normal. What a dreary slushy day.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hooray! A snow day! So today is the day you get to stay inside & play with all the toys & you can eat b/cs you shopped yesterday!! You are one smart Mommy!

Anonymous said...

Te mando mucho simpatia desde Buenos Aires....where I am on the sunny terraza sipping yerba mate and practicing conjugations. Ja Ja.

Besos,

AA