Thursday, February 28, 2008

Who, Me?


Nathan wouldn't even make a mess like the one behind him on our living room floor... would he?

I recently started a rule requiring the boys to pick up all of their toys before dinner... at least the toys left in the family living area (not their room). Once dinner is on the table all of the toys on the floor get put away where they cannot be played with. They get the toys back when they pick up before dinner for two days in a row. This was actually working, to some degree, until last night Nicholas refused to pick up a mess he had made... a mess made not of actual TOYS, but of every single blanket from Nathan's bed. BLANKETS!

It burns me because I can't confiscate the blankets. I also can't leave them on the floor. I absolutely HAVE to get them back to Nate's bed, even if it means picking them up myself. And by the way, taking the blankets from him brother's bed was COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY because we only have ELEVEN THOUSAND blankets in a basket DOWN HERE! ALREADY!

After a little tussling and some back and forth, and an half hearted attempt from Nick to "clean up" by stuffing all of the blankets, and quite a few stuffed animals, into his play tent, Nick confessed that he hadn't napped at school. But BOY, does that kid know how to push buttons.

5 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Look at that face! Of course, he wouldn't! Nor would Nick! It was Gunther. Gunther did it! And Frank helped. While Puck orchestrated the entire operation. Yeah, uh-huh, that's it! It's Puck! Puck's the one!

Lou said...

You call that a mess?!?

Kathleen said...

Yes... but only because I know what the rest of the room looks like.

Jamie said...

You don't get your beauty rest and you risk turning into a demon. That happens to me when I skip a meal.

Jamie said...

I think Nick and Nate are starting to resemble each other.