Sunday, March 22, 2009

Give Me A Moment...

I know, I know, I was going to do a post about WICKED.

But last night, even though I was really really looking forward to a good night's sleep, I ended up in the Emergency Room. Nate hit his head, which only happens about 50 times a day, and this particular collision happened with the leg of our bear footstool, the physics of which completely escape me. But this whack left him with a nasty lump on his forehead, and when he started waking up and whimpering and crying at 10pm, he told me it was his head hurting him. Immediately images of Natasha Richardson flew through my head, as well as moments from my own head injury from long ago (stop laughing!). I waited it out for as long as I could, then I took him to the Hospital, images of CAT scans going through my head. Each time Nate coughed I expected him to start vomiting. But as we were pulling into the Emergency Room Parking he told me his ear hurt.

His EAR HURT?

HAD he told me this before we left I would have poured some Children's Motrin into the boy and tried to tough it out until Monday, when the appointment would have been a few moments and the co-pay only $20. But as it was almost midnight, and we were already AT the Emergency Room... well... I figured I'd rather look stupid and have a child that was healthy, right?

And the bump on his head was nothing. And his ear infection was rather bad, according to the doctor who looked in it for three tenths of a second before promising Nate a popsicle and rushing off, leaving me to then navigate the medications and paperwork and a nice cold popsicle at 2am in March. (Nathan expressed joy that it was red, Nick's favorite color, then told me he would leave it on his nightstand, so they could share it in the morning.)

My POINT is, I am TIRED and I can't remember what I was going to say about WICKED at the moment. I might tomorrow, because I know I really liked it, and I had SOMETHING TO SAY about shows and my passion for them and quality availability affordability enjoyability so... you know. I might actually feel up to the rant tomorrow.

Untl now I'm taking a nap and Andy is doing the heavy cleaning.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oh wow i'm just reading this now- i'm sorry about the emergency room scare!! That's great that he wanted to share hi popsicle with Nick for breakfast the next day.