Sunday, March 15, 2009

retribution

Last night I went to dinner in Brookline for a friend's birthday. It was a good time, especially since I don't get out much without the boys. Thanks, Steve!

The place we went was wonderful! There was a sushi bar with sushi boats actually floating by. We got to take our shoes off and sit on the floor... fun! And yummy. Only when I got there I was the first one there. I then stood in the lobby and tried to remove my coat, only I was wearing my raincoat with the winter liner. Instead of coming right off, the liner turned insdies out, and then my cardigan came off. My hands were trapped inside the sleeves, and I was standing there with my raincoat on the floor, flapping my arms, in nothing but a tank top. It was a bit awkward. So when I went to the rest room later and stumbled in putting on my shoes, even though I had nothing stronger than ginger ale... well, my dreams of being a graceful adult quickly fled.

But I had a good time. ANd a good thing, too, because Andy has a fever and is a very unhappy baby today. Argh.

No comments: