Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not A Great Day

I didn't have such a great day. Nathan threw the biggest tantrum I have ever seen him have right after breakfast, and it lasted about two hours, right up until gymnastics class. I think the only reason he calmed down was because I told him he'd have to sit it out if he didn't.

Then I drove the kids to the mall to buy shoes. Only I flaked and drove to the wrong mall - the one without the shoe store in it. And by then Andy was sleeping, and we were getting closer to lunch, so I decided we'd go after nap. Nicholas was vocal about his unhappiness at that.

But before nap I remembered that Andy had a doctor's appointment. So I had to do that instead. Which is too bad because Nick's shoes have holes in them and the soles are coming off.

But once I decided I was having a bad day I gave myself a little break. I played Candy Land with the boys. I took a shower while I pretended they weren't jumping on my bed. I made an easy pasta supper. And things were pretty good.

No comments: