Thursday, March 26, 2009

Raindrops are falling...

I applied to renew my passport, and it came back in the mail telling me my old passport had been canceled and that I had to apply using form DS-82 (or something) and so I filled out THAT form, and while gathering all the necessary documents to take in with the application I found my current passport, the one I got a couple of years ago, that I somehow blocked out of my mind altogether because I have no memory of getting it or using it or seeing it. Steve says that I'm probably now on some sort of special secret government list.

Yesterday we went shoe shopping, and the boys got summer shoes, and now they insist on wearing sandals ALL THE TIME, even with pyjamas.

I went out to work on the pricker bushes - that's right, it's that time of year, and this time I know what I'm doing - I have the gear, I have the tools, and I know the methods that work best. And we now have days that are warmer that 45 degrees. The kids are even great out there, even though they tend to get a little wet and muddy... I was making a good start, pulling out all those whippy prickly things, tugging them out of the TREES... and then it started raining. Just enough to make me think that the boys shouldn't be outside. I can see the spot I'm working on from the kitchen table... grrrr, pricker bushes!

And now, Nathan is rolling around on the floor singing "I love to Spell! s - p - e - i - llllllllllll!"

No comments: