Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lists of NY Things


We were in New York for a couple of days. As you know, I am a compulsive list maker, so to summarize my trip, I have made a few handy dandy lists.

Things We/I Did In New York:
- finished 5 bottles of white wine between 4 people and regretted it
- went to the Disney Store AND FAO with the boys BY MYSELF, not to buy anything, just to see
- purchased $20 of Ugly Doll stuff and $20 of candy at FAO, including a giant Gummy Bear which made me think of that scene in Willy Wonka, so I didn't need much prompting by the short people
- saw WICKED, which I have been wanting to see FOREVER, and which was SO FANTASTIGORACAL I was carried away, this might need it's own post...
- saw Wall-E three (more) times
- saw Larry, who actually lives up here closer to us, but who happened to be down there
- saw my mother, who is going to have surgery to remove bone fragments and fix up her arm and elbow, which she damaged falling down the stairs.

Things We/I Didn't Get To Do:
- see Linda
- go to the zoo or the Statue of Liberty
- visit Anne-E and Jamie's place
- go to Zabar's
- see any of those other people I keep telling myself I'm going to get in touch with.... sigh, oh well.

Things I/We Forgot In NY:
- the bag with the juice and the 5 sip cups
- my keychain - lucky for me it had no keys on it, only 4 keychains, including a mini ugly doll.
- the book "The Elves And The Shoemaker."
- I'm sure there are other things, I just haven't noticed them yet

Things We/I Took Home That We Didn't Leave With:
- the book "White Lies"
- a pair of black boots identical to the brown ones I took from my mother's closet the last time
- a small Snoopy doll wearing a mask
- the Ugly Doll stuff we got at FAO


I' m always interested in feedback, so if you notice anything missing from any of these lists, please let me know.

2 comments:

LARISSA said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom is getting sorted after her fall. I also loved Wicked... it is really a phenomenal show. I'd see it over and over and over.. and..

queenmabby said...

Ohh! I loved those boots - great find!