Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Got My Vote!

Our town has March elections, mostly to vote on articles concerning re-zoning lots, so you'll get to vote on "Lot 100987 rezoning from Rural District to Neighborhood Business District" which is great, if you have any idea where the lot was, or what the difference in districts were, or what, exactly, is behind the change.

I always go to vote because I feel strongly that I need to get my voice out there, even if it's saying NO to spending an extra 600K to build a third lighted football stadium for the high school while my five-year-old will start kindergarten in a trailer classroom.

Still, voting is a pain. It's mind numbing, and time consuming, and there are times I wonder if it's worth it.

But I go, and will keep on showing up at these elections, because the Girl Scouts sell cookies there. I always try to bring cash so that I can meet the whopping $3.50 that each box costs these days. But I never have enough for two boxes. Today the boys insisted on "The Green Box" so we ended up with thin mints despite my talking up the Samoas.

No comments: