Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Divine Chaos

Today, as I was folding laundry and trying to listen / watch my computer, the boys spilled into the dining room. I always fold laundry in the dining room because there is a big table in there and, more importantly, there is a big table without spilled juice, milk, or water hiding on it, and without undiscovered blotches of jam or syrup or ketchup leftover for lunch.

Anyway, I always get irritated when the boys do this. I'm busy, obviously, and my attention is directed elsewhere (the computer) and I don't see why they need to play three feet away from me when they have a living room, a play room, and a bedroom to go be loud in. Also, if I were trying to get them to pick up a toy or put shoes on, they would all three spread out to any of these locations and turn off their ears.

So I started my routine of "could you please go somewhere else," especially since both Nate and Andy were on ride-around toys which they kept trying to drive over the computer cord, which they couldn't do, so they kept needing to stop and pick up the toy as they waddled the few steps until they could begin riding again...

And then I just had to stop and laugh. Because as irritated as I was, I couldn't help noticing that all three boys were playing together and having fun, together, without fighting, or beating up on each other, or crying. Not even in play. They were all noisy and driving around the house, but they were all together.

And that was kind of cool and sweet to watch.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

precious moments :)