Sunday, February 07, 2010

update

Tomorrow, I will post photos.

I just had to let everyone know we have heat. There is a temporary fix on the furnace. We still have to have it "really" fixed.

I am assuming everyone has days that string together where everything in your house or apartment seems to be broken or not functioning 100%... well, the furnace needs fixing. The light in our bathroom goes days without working but if you leave it on, will suddenly turn on in the middle of the night. My garage door has a habit of opening two feet and then freezing. The wallpaper in my bathroom is peeling. The towel rack in the boys' bathroom is still broken, and the faucets all drip. I still need to patch the hole in the side-hall made by the doorknob after the doorstop was removed. The light in the room off the living room is exposed and needs a cover. I have a billion photographs to frame and hang.

Most of the time, I can exist in this reality without getting excessively irritated. And then there are days like today, where I can't turn my head without seeing something that needs fixing, doing, patching... and I just don't have the time, and I just can't seem to muster the effort.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

that's the drawback of being a homeowner... boo!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Let's see, you don't have time...why??? Because you have 3 active little boys, a husband, 3 pets, and a LIFE!!! If you had time to get it all done, you'd be neglecting something precious. I think you're doing just fine despite all your worry about those annoying things the house wants you to pay attention to.