Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quick Fix

Here's Andy on the top bunk with his favorite toy. He likes to fix things, except when he tries to hit Gunther or Nate.

This morning I skipped my run. I know, I know, I always complain I don't have time, and here I give it up of my own free will. But lately I found an arrangement that worked. It's called "Extended TV Time." See, in the morning, after Nick goes off the school, I bring Andy down to the basement (And Nate, when he's home from school) and put in a video. I run five miles and then spend the leftover time lifting weights and doing sit-ups. There are days when I get a lot done. Some days I don't even get the whole run in because I need to get Andy to a gym class or the library. And four days a week, this works. I shower and get on with my day and everything else gets done in the afternoon.

But today I was tired, and woke with a headache. So I skipped it, figuring I'd fit an extra run in this weekend.

And the funniest thing happened.

This afternoon I did everything. Every chore, every activity I had planned, got done. Oh, not the huge ones like cleaning out the guest room. But everything else. It was kind of nice.

No comments: