Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dentist Vs. Donut

When I told the boys they had dentist appointments, they got all excited. Because they would be getting new toothbrushes. I have the only little boys in the world who flip over new toothbrushes.

I had errands to do before the appointment, before picking up Nick from school, and I took Nate and Andy with me. And at one point I stopped for a coffee.

"I am going to Dunkin Donuts," I said. "We are NOT getting donuts. I am getting a coffee, and that's IT. Nothing else."

I should have known better. Because as soon as I pulled away from the window, coffee in hand, Andy started wailing. "Donuts! Want Donuts!" Big Fat Tears.

"But Andy, we can't eat donuts now. We'll go to lunch after the dentist!"

"No dentist!" Andy yelled. "Donuts! Hate Dentist!"

At least he's normal. I feel the same way.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Andy knows what's up. And does he even have teeth yet?

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

That's right, Gumby doesn't care about the teeth he doesn't have yet! So give him a donut, but no new toothbrush -- now there's a lesson learned about choice!