Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Notes from the Doc


Last week I had a doctor's appointment. Remember when you used to go to the doctor and that was it? If you had to give a urine sample or they needed to take blood, they did it there. But these days they send you TO THE LAB.

And I suppose it was OK this time around, because I had to do one of those fasting things before they took my blood. So I chose to go first thing in the morning, before breakfast.

Over five years ago, I got my cholesterol checked to qualify for life insurance. And it came in at 202. Which is high. The insurance company did not care that it was mostly GOOD cholesterol, they just want the number. And two years ago, when it was checked by my doctor, it came in at 191. The good kind still outweighing the bad.

Well, this year, it dropped to 151. I still have more HDL than LDL (more good than bad) but I'm really wondering what made it all drop. Did the running finally catch up with me? Is this because I stopped drinking soda? Because I started eating flax seed bread?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

that's awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yes.

Susan's Losin' said...

Probably all of those things! Good for you, Kathleen!