Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Makes No Census

In case you have not been made aware by the many TV commercials and magazine ads, this is the year of the US Census. I've seen the ads. I've been looking forward to getting mine in the mail and filling it out. Not as much as I look forward to my National Geographic, but I've been keeping my eye out for it.

Anyway, today we got an envelope that said "2010 Census" and I thought "Hey! The Census is here! It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be." And I opened it up... and it was a one page letter that basically boiled down to "You will be getting a census form. Please fill it out and return it. Please do not throw it away."

So instead of getting a census form, we got a letter telling us we would be getting a census form. Because if I were a person who would throw out a census form, maybe I would open this OTHER bit of junk mail telling me about the census form, and maybe THAT will make all the difference?

I suppose I shouldn't be so cynical. It just seems like so much useless.

No comments: