Monday, March 08, 2010

Over Indulgent

I love watching the Oscars.

I know, as stupid as it is, as over indulgent as it all is, I sit there and eat it all up. Even these days, when I've seen only a fraction of the nominated films. The only problem is, I'm OLD!

No, I'm not talking about the teen werewolves or whatnot. I'm referring to the length of the darn thing. I tried and tried to stay up last night, but I didn't even make it as far as the Best Actress. I crumpled somewhere during the documentaries and short films.

And today, even though I didn't stay awake through the whole thing, I was exhausted today. So exhausted that somehow, I forgot my morning coffee. I made it, but somehow never got any into a mug. And when I took the boys to gymnastics, one of the mothers had the girl-scout cookies I had ordered way, way back when. Four boxes. Because I could not make up my mind. YUM!

2 comments:

Susan's Losin' said...

That's why we moved to Arizona, so I could stay awake long enough to see the end of the Oscars! :)

Kathleen, I love your blog!

Debs said...

i've forgotten what life was like when i could stay up past 9pm and not regret it the next day!