Thursday, January 12, 2012

Give A Pig A Pancake...

For Christmas we got an ebleskiver pan.

You know Ebleskivers? The filled pancakes from Norway? They are really big right now at William Sonoma?

Anyway, we ended up with the pan and two containers of mixes. After I write this I'm going to go try and make my first batch. I hope it works, because I also have a recipe for chicken bites using the thing, and I was planning on making those for dinner in a few days.

Aside from the ebleskiver pan, one of my sons also got a donut machine. It's looks like our quesadilla maker or our waffle maker, only it's yellow and has painted sprinkles on top. And it makes itty bitty donuts. I promised Nick we could try and make some of those this afternoon, because he's waited SOOOO LOOONG!


This also reminds me, I have frozen squash and frozen squash puree which I really need to use up in soups and pumpkin breads.


This all comes at a very awkward time, as I'm not running at all, thanks to my stupid ankle.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Which reminds me...I'm going to send you a butternut squash recipe that the boys might like! Look in your email later today. And good luck with the pancake thingies.