Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ankle

My ankle doesn't hurt anymore.

I've been waking up early and doing yoga - a gentle stretching workout that I don't really consider working out because I don't sweat. My heart rate increases only ever so slightly. I can re-wear my workout clothes.

I really really want to start running again. I've been moody and sluggish and off balance. I think it's because I stopped running. I haven't been able to find that same release in yoga, and I don't have very many other choices for working out.

I've told myself that I might not have to wait until the end of January after all. The pain has gone away, and the little lump has all but disappeared. If I don't experience any pain, I can run as soon as I get the treadmill serviced (I think that might be part of the problem.)

I just really want to get back to it, and to keep myself from adding extra pounds or getting too soft before I need to wear a bathing suit in February.

The thing is, if I'm wrong, I could be setting myself up for an even longer recovery period, and an even more serious injury.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ask your doctor to be sure.

Jamie said...

TRX! If you had one, would you use it?

Kathleen said...

The thing is, I don't want to make an extra doctor's appointment just for my ankle, and I'm not due to see him until the end of March. I think I would use the TRX, but I have no idea where I would put it... our basement is lacking in doors... maybe I could wrap it around that post? Or I could work out at the bottom of the stairs...