Saturday, January 28, 2012

Not Running

I haven't been running for over a month.

I haven't been running for over a month and it's making me miserable.

Let's forget, for just a moment, that the scale is creeping upward and my pants are getting a little tight. I certainly haven't become obese overnight.

But I feel so.... not good.

I still wake up early in the morning. Instead of running I have been doing yoga. Yoga is good for you, no matter what the crazy New York Times readers think. Yes, you can hurt yourself. You can also hurt yourself walking or running or chewing your food if you get too enthusiastic and stop paying attention. Yoga is supposed to center you and clam you and be good for your body.

But it doesn't make me sweat. Not usually, anyway. I'm not saying it's not good. It's easier than when I started, certainly, but it's not the same.

And I feel it.

I'm grumpier. I feel more... portly. I eat more junk food, even though I promise myself I won't. Or maybe it's just that we have more chocolate sitting around these days?

At any rate, I feel unwell. I've had to ask myself what I would do if this became a permanent situation instead of the temporary one I've been assuming it to be. The truth is, I really don't know, but I suppose I should figure that out and then try to integrate an alternative into my routine. An alternative that isn't yoga but something that really makes me sweat and give me a good workout but leaves my ankle alone.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Umm, I take a yoga class that has me panting & sweating, even more so than my pilates class. Maybe you need to take a class or try another DVD?