Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tintin

Nick was invited to a birthday party at a movie theatre. The movie was Tintin.

I decided to take the other two boys to the movie, also.

I read a few of the Tintin comics when I was a kid. In french, of course. I never quite got into it. Still, it was a bit of a nostalgic thing for me, so I went in without high expectations.

I loved the movie.

Maybe this makes me sound old, but I was very impressed with the animation. It's so hard to me to come to terms with the fact that animated film has come so far. I was blown away. Really.
The movie is an action / adventure film. It's a mystery. No wonder I didn't like it when I was a kid. I was much more a comedy gal. Or at least a female sidekick I could empathize with.

Anyway, I recommend this movie. It's fun. It's a bit more violent than the other movies I've taken my kids to - remember, Andy is only 4. But the boys were great. Much better behaved than some of the kids at that party.

P.S. Why did they have to change the dog's name to Snowy? Why couldn't they just call him Milou?


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Sounds like a good time for everyone!