Saturday, January 14, 2012

Squashy shquashy

Thursday we had snow.

It wasn't a lot of snow, but it was a persistant, wet snow. So the schools in the district were all closed.

The boys played outside for an hour, which is a long time for them in snow. When they cames back in, they were soaked. Nick's coat didn't even dry out in time for school the next morning.

I took advantage of everything being closed, no library times to volunteer for, no one to pick up from school. I made butternut squash bread. I made two loaves, one plain, and one with ginger. And then I made a batched which I cooked in the donut machine. It takes ten minutes to make five donuts. And they aren't really donuts, they are just donut-shaped butternut squash breads. But the boys love them.

For the past two days I have eaten nothing but squash bread.


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yikes! You are in a funk. I think you've had too much squash. Come visit me & your mom will take you to have tea at the shop around the corner from me & then shopping for intimates!