Sunday, January 15, 2012

His Deepest Wish....

Friday school had a 90 minute delay.

This happens when the weather makes the roads bad, but as soon as they're cleared the day will be fine.

But Nathan is in Am kindergarten, which means he's done shortly after 11am. When there is a 90 minute delay, he has no school.

And Andy goes to a preschool which people depend on as a daycare. So it is open at the regular time.

Nick cried because he had to go to school.

And Andy cried because, when it was time for him to leave, his brothers were both still at home building a lego city.

I sat with Andy and reminded him he loved school. Then I told him I was going to the grocery store that morning. "I'll get you anything you want. What do you want? Yogurt smoothy?"

"No!" Andy said.

"Do you want.... oreos?" I asked, kicking myself. Why did I say oreos. Now of COURSE he's going to say he wants oreos, and I'm going to end up eating half of them...

"No. Not oreos." Andy said, wiping tears off his face.

"OK, then what would you like me to get?"

Andy looked at me for a few moments. And then he said, "I want fish."


Oreos and smoothies, and the boy chooses fish.


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

FISH?!?!?! Was he serious? What kind of fish? And did he want it to be ALIVE??? The boy is strange. I don't know where he would get that from.