Monday, December 26, 2005

This was the best Christmas EVER!

And I'm not just saying that because I got cool gifts. It was because of Nicholas. He is too young to ask for anything, or to know to expect anything, but let me tell you... he knew he GOT something. It was so great watching him yesterday morning - he wasn't interested in opening gifts. He wanted to play with the fun stuff in front of him! I had to start opening each gift for him, and then he would only stop playing to open it if it was somethign cooler than what he already had. What is it? A sweater? Nope - this Elmo is way more fun. A bunch of toy cars? Gimme.

Anyway, opening gifts took forever - not only because he refused to open gifts, but because he had SO MUCH. I mean, we should have just donated half of what he had to Toys for Tots and all would have been well. I mean, HE didn't know how much we had, but between me and Steve, Aunts and Uncles, and the Grandparents...

Not to mention that many people gave gifts to the new baby - who hasn't been born yet, despite most of Christmas night being spent timing contractions. The contractions dissapeared just before 2am, and I spent today in my PJ's hoping they would come back, walking around, putting stuff away, dancing with Nick... ANYTHING to shake things up. I want this baby and I want it OUT. NOW. Especially if these contractions are going to fade in and out until the main event, because let me tell you, they are not fun.

No comments: