Sunday, December 18, 2005

Visiting...

Today was the day for Holiday parties. I have to say that I am SO TIRED of people commenting on my big huge belly. But they do. I mean, it's like meeting someone with a beehive hairdo. How do you not comment? There's THREE FEET of it out there!

Anyway, our last stop was Steve's uncle's place where his family was having a Holiday get together. Steve's Aunt looked at me and told me she was confused because she had heard I was having a baby next month. I think she was trying to be kind, meaning that I looked trim and fit, but let's face it. I have a beehive hairdo coming right out of my stomach. I am NOT trim and fit. In fact, there is a three inch gap between my shirt and my pants. Ick.

Not five minutes later, as I am sliding my body in between the couch and the ottoman and trying to find a good place to stash my diaper bag, one of Steve's uncles startes making "oh, mamabagambaga!" noises.

I honestly wasn't sure at first if he were making those noises at me or at Nick, who had made himself at home with his cousin's toys. I decided the best thing to do would be to ignore him, mostly because the only other response I could think of would be to hit him in the head with the diaper bag. He later told me he didn't think I would make it to my due date. I actually agreed with him on that. I mean, how much more can my tummy stretch out? There's only one kid in here - if he actuall has another 4 weeks to grow, he's not going to be able to come OUT.

No comments: