Tuesday, December 20, 2005

We Tried To Beat The Rush

This morning Nick and I left the house at 7am so that we could make it to Wal-Mart before it became totally insane. We DID get there in time.

However, our trip was dissapointing.

I had four things on my list:
1 - Nicotine Gum for Steve
2 - Electric candles to replace the ones I broke.
3 - Diapers for Nick.
4 - Gloves for Steve so he will stop telling me how cold it is for his hands.

I left with the following:
- Nicotine Gum
- 4 Ornimental Stocking Hangers (we'll have 4 stockings next year, right?)
- Two things of Beef Jerky
- A Magna Doodle
- One 20 oz bottle of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
- Diaper Genie Refill
- Men's Socks - Black


The thing is, WAL-MART FAILED ME!
I know it's a busy time of year. I know all places sell out of things... but...

There were no electric candles. None. Well, the kind with Three candles to a plug, but the other ones I have are ONE candle to a plug, and the whole point is IT HAS TO BE EVEN.

As for diapers... well, Nick wears a size 4. They had a billion size 3 diapers, and a billion size 5 diapers... guess what they were sold out of? How is that possible? Are all children in Southern New Hampshire suddenly wearing size 4 of this particular brand of diaper? I was too nervous another brand wouldn't work as well, and I remembered just in time what a mess pull ups can be - I mean, if you like them, good for you, but in my experience the velcro straps make poopy diaper removal much easier. I opted to buy diapers elsewhere. I hope the other size 4 children have not invaded the Brooks down the street.

And gloves... Wal-Mart was out of men's gloves. Well - OK, not completely. They had driving gloves. And leather work gloves. But not COLD gloves. Unless Steve will be doing yardwork in the snow, what they had was useless. I mean, seriously? I DIDN'T KNOW THIS COULD HAPPEN. I thought they had it all figured out, this supply - demand stuff, and the new ones would arrive before the old ones were gone...

So... there you have it. My morning of shopping. May your Holiday shopping be either over or smoother.

No comments: