Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Alarm Clock


This morning I told Nicholas I was going to get him an alarm clock. Not to wake him up. He wakes up very early, 5:30, in fact. This is earlier than I would like to wake up. Usually, it is earlier than Nathan would like to get up, but not always.

I wouldn't mind that he just woke up early. The problem is, he runs up and down the hall with what appears to be huge bricks strapped to his feet, pounding away like an elephant. He climbs into bed with us and talks to us. He needs help using the bathroom. He closes doors and can't open then, so he screams for help. Let's face it, having a 3 year old run around our house unsupervised is never really a great idea.

In any case, the alarm clock would be set for 6am, possibly a bit later, and Nicholas would be told to stay in bed, or at least in his room, until the alarm goes off.

I can't imagine this is going to work. But at this point I'm tired, and I'm willing to try anything.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I think it's a great idea! I just hope for your sake it works! Let us know how it goes. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does.

Debs said...

I've heard of this sort of thing working for some people, so definitely worth a try!