Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cool New Stuff

Blogger has now added an easy way to upload video to one's blog.

That means that I can actually post video clips for you all.

As soon as I realized this, I went wading through my small collection of video clips, where I discovered a few things. 1 - I should take more video of my kids. 2 - But before I do that I should learn to keep the camera steady. 3 - Most of the video clips I take are too long. I don't want to post huge clips because video takes up a lot of room, and I can just see the confusion it will cause my mother when it takes her longer than usual to open my blog page.

I shall be working on getting a good collection of short, steady video clips for you guys, and I'm also going to learn how to use all that editing stuff there is on the computer. I can see it there, but I never have the time to figure it out and the inclination to do so at the same time.

So for today, you just get a regular photo. Here's a picture of the spider that has taken up residence outside our window.

4 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! How big is that thing? It looks like it can catch a sparrow-sized bird! And is it really all those neat colours -- reddish orange legs with yellow markings on its black thorax & torso?

O, yeah, you go learn all that teckno-geek stuff, Kathleen...then you can teach me how!!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

PS It looks like your spider might be a Herpyllus vasifer and it can be recognized by the distinctive pale markings on the cephalothorax and abdomen. This species is found under stones and rubbish on the ground, between boards, and in crevices in dark places. It runs with exceeding rapidity. This website has a picture about 1/3 the way down: http://www.whatsthatbug.com/spiders.html

Anonymous said...

I think it's one of Charlotte's children. Has it spelled anything yet? Like Some Pig or Great Writer?