Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Quiet Moment

Nathan is not always a whirlwind of squealing and banging into things.

Just so all readers are caught up on everything of interest, I should mention that Nicholas has a new "pet." It is a wooden pull-toy ladybug he has named "Torny." Torny comes with us everywhere. In the car, he sits in his own special seat. He has his own bed made of a folded blanket. The best part is when he speaks to Torny. "Torny, we're going down the stairs! Here, I'll hold you. Are you all right?" Right now, Torny is sitting on the couch next to Nick, and they are both watching the Wiggles. Every so often Nick will reach out and pat Torny on the back. It's kind of cute, but I'm also starting to develop a small fear of this toy ladybug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it's spmething of substance. Mine were all invisible, imaginary friends.

Kathleen said...

My imaginary friends were a group of girls which, with my infinite creativity, I called "The Invisible Girls." They never had individual names. They did all wear hats, though.

Jamie said...

Good ole´ Torny

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! An imaginary friend who's a bug! I guess he figures he's got a brother & a dog & a cat, so why not a bug! And Torny? Where did he ever come up with the name?