Monday, August 13, 2007

More Skin Adventures

I read on the internet that Poison Ivy (or Oak, or Sumac) lasts from 14 to 21 days on its own. When I heard that, I really thought I might cry, because at that point the inner skin of my elbow was puffy and red, and I could swear I could see it spreading, even though everything I read said that this was a MYTH, that once the oil got on your skin it did not spread, at least after the first few minutes. Although scratching makes it puffy and I guess that could look like spreading.

ANYWAY, the rash I had has faded a great deal, and it is also a lot less itchy.

HOWEVER, I started itching on my big old belly the other day, and it looks like I have developed what is either a nice case of Heat Rash, or Hives, just on my belly. The part covering the baby. It is uncomfortable.

And YESTERDAY, I was yet again stung by a bee. On my wrist. And now I have this itchy swollen lump on my arm.

Go ahead. Tell me I'm not falling apart.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

:( you're not falling apart you're just having bad luck in the skin department. Does body temperature increase as a result of being pregnant?

Kathleen said...

Yes.
I think so.
Because there is 50% more blood in the system.
Also, hormones.
Anyway, heat rash is not uncommon. According to these books. Boy I hate these books.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Don't listen to Jamie. You are falling apart. But don't worry; the trip downhill is swift & unerring. Just slather lots of calamine lotion all over yourself & then some wet oatmeal. You'll look & smell divine!!!

(I love you fleen!;)