Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cooling Down

The weather has been cooling down. During the day it is still usually warm enough for shorts, but at night, at least here, we frequently get down to the 40's, which means that yesterday morning I could smell the distinctive scent of our heat kicking on.

It's funny, because in Tennessee it was in the 100's, and even at 7am the humidity was so bad I couldn't spend more than fifteen minutes outdoors.

I have started noticing a few things, though, such as the fact that Nicholas needs new long pants, and that I really need to get my act together and go shopping so that I don't have to look like a mis-matched misfit when I leave the house. I would like to have some clothing that matches AND covers all body parts, such as protruding tummy, instead of exposing a nice white band of flesh for all to see. It would also be great if the clothing were not so tight that it cut off my circulation, either in the thighs or the arms. I ask so little, yet the elusive garment that can accomplish all this is so hard to find.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ah! I see the boys are busy making masterpieces! Save one for me! As for the weather, here too it's getting chilly enough to wear a sweater in the evening. But the weather-people promise we'll be back in the 90's in just 2-3 days. I'm all for new clothes for everyone, especially at this time of year. I think fall is the perfect time to shop. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures of the boys in their painting smocks. Cute as can be!!!