Friday, August 24, 2007

Crazy Craft Lady


I am in the process of planning to clean out my sewing room and turning it into a nursery. Not that this is a permanent move, because the room as significantly smaller than any other room in our house. Also, please note that I said I have started to PLAN the move. None of the moving has actually happened yet, and there are a few reasons for that. I mean reasons other than "I am lazy and putting things off."

First of all, there is the matter of where to put things. Sure, it's easy to say I'll move things OUT of the sewing room, but where do they go? The logical answer is either the basement or the guest room, but right now the guest room is already full of furniture because my parents sent us a couple of things and we haven't yet gotten rid of the original things we had in there, so it's pretty crowded at the moment. First I have to figure out where the stuff in the guest room is going to go.

And then there is the much bigger issue of the many, many craft project s I seem to have accumulated over the years. I have plans for many, many quilts. I have fabric for many of them. And yet I have started... none. OK, I'm in the middle of a sampler using up a few fabrics that I have decided are ugly, and the idea is to make a hideous quilt and try out a few new blocks, but it takes me forever just to make one block. And there is so much else I would like to try to do! Not to mention the projects I have planned involving photographs, the frames I have waiting to be filled... I have an entire drawer full of yarn just waiting to be used, and I really should find a use for it.

My point is, what will I do with all this stuff? There is so much of it. Going through it all will be quite a chore.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Okay, right after you finish clearing out all your stuff & organising everything, could you please come down here & do it to my apt???? It's probably as big as your whole sewing room. PLEASE, FLEEN?!?!?!?!

;-)