Friday, August 03, 2007

And Now: An Exciting New Rash!


This is a picture of Nathan, in one of his attempts to slide down the slide of the park'n play garage. He doesn't yet seem to grasp the concept of size difference.

In the meantime, a few days ago I noticed what I took to be a couple of small bug bites on my arm. I thought nothing of them, except that they were really itchy, even for bug bites. The location of the so called bites, however, might have had something to do with that - they were located on my arm, in the crook of my elbow, that soft, delicate skin with the veins?

I confess, I scratched the bites a couple of times.

And then I realized the bites were spreading. Now I have this rash that isn't too bad, but it does cover the entire inside of the elbow.. uh... fold. The inner elbow? Whatever, it's covered in red bumpy flesh, and only sometimes can I make out blisters.

Obviously I somehow got poison ivy. Or Oak. Or sumac. Based on my limited knowledge of plant life, any one is possible (remind me what I am doing living IN THE WOODS!), but not probable, as I don't really spend a lot of time around anything growing, other than male child cells.

I realized that I probably brushed up against something while Steve and I were pulling weeds in the front the other day... or, really, Steve was pulling weeds with his bare hands, and I had the gloves on and was scooping the pulled weeds into the wagon and then dumping them in the woods... which is where I probably brushed up against the rash-giving plant.

The good news is that we hardly ever go back there, except to dump leaves and weeds. The bad news is, I have no idea what it looks like, and Nicholas will probably get it at a very inopportune time. And I also have no idea what, if anything, can be done to treat poison-ivy-or-whatever rash on a pregnant lady.

All I know is that my whole life is centering around this one uncomfortable sensation on my arm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calamine lotion.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yes, I agree with 'the mom', calamine lotion & oatmeal poultice -- yukky looking, but o, so soothing.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, & feel better too!
x0x0x0x

Debs said...

All those sound good. Also I seem to recall having bicarbonate of soda put into my bath water when I was little and have chicken pox. Think it does similar sorts of soothing things to the oatmeal and the calamine.