Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Approaching the Wall


Each day is bringing me closer and closer to the end of this pregnancy. I know that. But each day I am also growing more and more uncomfortable.

I was pregnant with Nathan for approximately 13 months, or at least it seemed that way. I was tired and cranky and uncomfortable during the whole thing, and the last two months were absolute torture. I simply could not wait for him to be born, and it felt like it would never happen.

With baby #3, I feel like I have been pregnant for maybe 4 months so far. Sure, I was sick at first, but I have the distraction of having two other children who need to be driven to school, and picked up from school, and taken to the library, and given projects to do. They also need the sheets on their beds changed about twice a week (at least) and produce an insane amount of laundry. In other words, I am BUSY.

But now, as the final month of the gestation period drifts into view, I have to admit... I am uncomfortable. VERY uncomfortable. I am huge. I can't fit into anything, maternity clothing, or not. And what I do fit into, I look like a hippo in. I get acid reflux from picking up toys on the floor, and whenever I decide to sleep on my right side instead of my left. The baby is squashed enough inside me so that when he kicks or turns or moves my entire belly shakes and lumps around and it feels as though someone is rearranging my internal organs for me. I have to pee every three minutes. Badly. but only a little bit. I get out of breath trying to stand up from a chair, and getting out of bed requires a rolling / kicking procedure that I have perfected, after performing it at least six times a night to rush to the bathroom. I am also tired all the time, especially in the afternoons.

I am also going mad. I see pet hair, and stains, and dirt, and other things that need cleaning everywhere I go. And I can't just let it be. And by the end of the day I have to work really hard to modify my mood because I know I am so, so tired and angry and cross for NO REASON.

My point is, I haven't hit the wall yet, but I can see it, and it is getting closer every second. And I know I'm going to crash.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

nah, you won't crash. you'll pull through!! just a few more weeks! not even months!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

If you get up enough speed, you will travel right through the wall...& come out the other side with a new baby! Go, Fleen, go!

Jules said...

Hang in there sweetie! You are almost there!

Anonymous said...

You can do this, Kathleen! Almost there. Your whole support team is out here pulling for you! You go, girl!