Friday, November 09, 2007

Closer, and closer, and closer


The cool thing about my birthday going by, besides the cookies and the extra wisdom and prestige, is that I am that much closer to having this baby. Now the next big thing on my list really IS Thanksgiving, and after that this baby is free to come, meaning it really wouldn't be all that early and I wouldn't have to worry so much about developmental problems.

Don't get me wrong. There's a lot to think about for Thanksgiving. If everyone gets here and does what they are supposed to do, there will be 17 people at our house for dinner, including a few houseguests who will need clean towels. My kids are excited. I am in cleaning overdrive (which isn't all that fast these days, all things considered.) I have every detail planned, down to a shopping list and when to do what. I am convinced, should the real cooks get delayed, that I could pull this thing off by myself with no more than a little deep breathing and a few trips back in time.

If the baby chooses to bide his time after Thanksgiving, there are still a whole lot of Christmas activities to keep us busy. Visits to Santa, the Festival of Trees, actual shopping and wrapping and sending gifts and cards... more cookies. Not to mention decorating our house and getting our own tree. Plenty to do.

And with each thing I do, the baby's arrival is somehow getting closer! Sooner. Nearer... and I am suddenly filled with the need to go buy newborn diapers, formula, and frozen foods.

2 comments:

Lou said...

You're getting closer to the finish line! Hooray! What's the Festival of Trees?

Kathleen said...

http://methuenfestivaloftrees.com/

It's fun! I like to think I might win my own tree.