Saturday, November 10, 2007

Creative Playthings

Last Tuesday it was very rainy here. Steve was away on a business trip, and I was alone with the kids, all but trapped in the house. This is when it becomes kind of difficult to find things to do... especially when you're the size of a house and you don't feel like moving.

I ran across my old hair curlers while I was getting dressed, and I tossed them at the boys to play with, figuring it would keep them busy for a few moments. And it did. And I was fine with that - I mean, I never use the darn things, and they never quite worked in my hair, anyway. They were the foam and plastic variety, and I don't think I ever learned how to put them in right. As far as I was concerned, we could throw the things away when the boys were done with them.

But after five minutes, Nick started taking them apart. And then... then... hours of endless entertainment. I am not kidding you, he played with these things all day long. And did things with them I never imagined curlers doing. They became lollipops, weight sets, cars, bridges, batteries... you name it, he thought of it. And built it.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Nick & the rainbow bridge! I love the fact that he & Nate will make lemonade out of bricks! Very creative -- very smart of you to give them some raw material with which to work!