Monday, November 12, 2007

Pancakes and Pizza

Yesterday we all went out for Brunch at The Yard. This is something Steve and I used to do before we were married, but for some reason we hadn't been back there in years. Possibly because there is SO much food, and you really do have to be hungry to make sense of it. And the food is buffet food, after all, so it's sitting out there and it isn't always the best food. But this did not lessen my delight in having pancakes AND eggs benedict AND bacon all on my plate at the same time. I had a great time, and a great meal, and before I even left the table I could feel my body start to swell from all of the salt. But I didn't care, because I didn't have to cook, and I didn't have to clean up.

Nick and Nate were also wonderful. I was a little worried because when we go out to eat they sometimes scream and yell and cry, and generally make life so uncomfortable that we've been known to just get our meals to go. But this time, all went well. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that there was so much variety, and they weren't locked into any one food. Or maybe it was just that we could get MORE of anything if they wanted it. Or maybe, just maybe, it was the novelty of looking down at his plate and seeing both pancakes AND pizza, both just waiting for him to eat them, one breakfast, one lunch, but at the same time!

And afterwards, they each got a cookie.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Mmmmm, pancakes!