Thursday, November 08, 2007

This Day is My Day

It is my Birthday!

Nicholas asked me this morning if I was going to have a cake, and I told him that I might make cookies. He then asked me if there would be candles on the cookies. I told him the recipe probably wouldn't make that many cookies. Then he asked if people would come by and give me presents, and I had to tell him that no, probably not. I was a grown up and I wasn't having a party. But we might have Chinese Food for dinner! And what could be better than that?


Here is a photograph of me when Steve and I were just married. Look closely. I am doing at least three things I will probably never do again. Can you figure them out? They are: 1 - wear a bikini. 2 - try to get a tan. 3 - relax by a pool without the worry of a child potentially drowning or slipping or otherwise injuring himself or others.

A couple of Great Events... if you missed Mike Daisey this Monday there is still time to see the rest of his Great Men Of Genius. Also, my brother has forwarded an invitation to an event called Maze Of Injustice - details below, but RSVP's TODAY PEOPLE. Of course both of these events are in New York, so... Betsy, put down the twins! We're going to New York! There is much fun and culture to be had. Plus, there might be time for a nap!

Dear Amnesty Friends,
You are invited to attend a reception and public program at The Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian in New York City
Where: Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, One Bowling Green (across from Battery Park in downtown Manhattan)
When: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 6 รข€“ 8 p.m.
What: Learn about Amnesty International™s groundbreaking report: Maze of Injustice: The failure to protect indigenous women from sexual violence in the USA.
Speakers include:
Georgia Little Shield, Executive Director, Pretty Bird Women House
Winona Flying Earth, Sitting Bull College and South Dakota Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served.
This event is free and open to the public
RSVP to Matthew Kennis by Thursday, November 8; 212-633-4169 or mkennis@aiusa.org
Directions by Train:
Eastside: 4 and 5 trains to Bowling Green
Westside: 1 train to South Ferry
BMT: R and W trains to Whitehall. M and J trains to Broad St.

8 comments:

HP said...

Happy Birthday. Have a lovely day.

queenmabby said...

Happy Birthday Fleen!!!!!!

xox
alee

Lou said...

Have a very happy birthday, Fleeny! One day you and I will drink pretty drinks and wear bikinis in the sun and not give a rat's behind about the size of our behinds. Seriously. Someday we should have a mommy's vacation to someplace tropical and boozy.

Jamie said...

happy shnappy birthday!!

Pig wot flies said...

Happy Birthday!

Debs said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day :-)

Mike Daisey said...

I will get you tickets if you come...

Jules said...

Happy happy happy birthday Fleen! I hope you enjoyed your cookies and chinese food and got either nap or sleep in!!

Love you!