Monday, June 21, 2010

End of an Era


After Andrew was born I realized that I had a long New England winter in front of me, and two toddlers who were very, very active. Bundling them up and towing them outdoors was going to be next to impossible, and at the very least impractical. So I signed both Nick and Nate up for gymnastics classes, where they could jump around and climb on things at least once a week.
And two and a half years later, here we are. Nicholas has just finished his last year of gymnastics, having decided not to keep it up next year when he goes to school full time. This was his choice. In some ways, letting him choose was kind of scary. Signing him up for new activities is scary. Not because of the activities themselves, but because I have three kids, and in a few years I can just see myself driving all over creation toting them each to an array of individual classes and activities.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are so proud! Hee! And maybe a little overwhelmed? I love it. Love it, love it. Rocky moments for all.