Monday, August 23, 2010

Baby Baby

I dropped an entire carload of baby clothes off at Goodwill the other day.

I saved a number of items, the cutest, the ones I remember the boys wearing, the ones I might be able to pass along to someone else.

But most of them went. The cute tractor overalls. The purple footie pj's. The T-shirt with the lizard on it. Things I have had since Nick was a baby.

Driving away, I couldn't help but cry a little.

And then I looked back and saw Nick holding four stuffed animals he had rescued from the one box of stuffed animals I was giving away.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You are so strong to do it & so generous to give them another home! Whoever gets them will be soooo lucky!

Jamie said...

That kills me...but I echo Linda's comment entirely and you're an incredibly amazing person.