Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things Forgotten

Sometimes, life gets so busy, that I forget to do things I usually do. Like fold the laundry, or change the cat box.

Other times, I don't notice that anything needs doing.

A few days ago I realized that Gunther's stitches were still in. I had expected them to dissolve or just fall out, but they hadn't. When I finally got around to calling the vet, I was told that I they were supposed to be taken out 10 to 12 days after the operation. It had been a month.

Fortunately, the vet's office let us come in right away and they were taken out immediately. And it was fine. But don't you think this was something I should have realized or remembered?

And why the heck didn't the vet's office have me make an appointment before we left the day the work was done?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

It would *never* have occurred to me to have the stitches removed. And yeah, your vet might have done better to schedule a follow up appointment.

Jean said...

I agree. Cross that off your list of things you should remembered.