Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reach Out

Today I spoke to two people I hadn't spoken to in awhile.

One was my friend Miranda. She used to be my roommate, and at one point I couldn't imagine life without speaking to her every single day. Now months go by without touching base, and that's a crime.

The other was my sister Emily. Emily is probably one of the few people I speak to less than I speak to Miranda. She lives far, far away, in a different time zone, and in a world where they don't allow children or the kind of pants I wear - California. But I wish she loved next door.

One of my new resolutions is going to be to bother people on the phone more. Because I just shouldn't let so much time go by without touching base.

I'm going to use this as a quick opportunity to point out my new link to Secret Agent L's blog. She is a chronic do-gooder, fairy god-mother type. I don't know if I'd ever go so far as to become an official affiliated agent, but her blog has inspired me to plot certain Random Acts Of Kindness. I would encourage you to think about performing some yourselves. Make the world a better place, people.

No comments: