Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cars 2

We saw Cars 2.

This should be the end of the post. We took the kids to a movie. The end.

But I can make a huge deal about anything.

We decided to go to a theatre that wasn't too close, because it was showing the movie not only in 3D, but in IMAX. We asked Lillian to come along. I wasn't really looking forward to the actual movie, you see. It was the experience I was after.

First of all, we were paying New York prices to get into this theatre. $12 for the IMAX 3D. No discount for the kids, or for the matinee. MY theatre still costs less that $6 per adult before noon.

But this theatre was HUGE. The lobby was shopping mall huge. The concession stand, where I spent $17 on two waters and a lemonade (a small the size of a bucket) was adorned with dancing pretzels and hot dogs. It was very cool.

And you know what, the movie was good! It was funny, and it was clever, and it actually had a plot, which is more than I can say for a lot of kids movies. Also, the Italy part was obviously Monaco, and since I've actually been to the Grand Prix there I was filled with silly nostalgia.

No comments: