Thursday, July 07, 2011

Vacation Plans

The other day at lunch we ended up talking about RV's. Maybe the kids saw a TV show where some one was driving one or something? Anyway, what got us on the subject doesn't matter, because I pulled up an RV website on my computer, and before I knew what I was doing I was telling the kids how we would rent one and I would drive them to the Grand Canyon, to Zion, To Arches National Park... (siblings, Steve will not be with me on this trip because he is not insane, so I will need a helper? Anyone?)

When I was a kid, my parents rented a "living van" and we drove to Lake Champlain and Montreal. I don't remember it being fun, exactly. I was four. But I remember it, and I don't remember it being NOT fun.

And the Grand Canyon is one of those places I am determined to take my kids.

Of course, it's not going to happen for quite a while. This year, of course, we have the France Fiasco. Nothing fiasco-like has happened yet, but I can be patient. Eventually the name will fit, I think. Also, I like alliteration.

And next year is the year of My Disney Vacation! I have been planning this for some time, now. Since we left the last time, I guess. I just found out, moments after I looked up RV makes and models, that I can NOW PURCHASE TICKETS! For OCTOBER 2012! Which is when I want to go. But I thought I had to let Steve get through this vacation first before bugging him about the next one because he hates planning vacations and he hates Disney World and he will probably have his own opinion about everything and MESS IT ALL UP! Also, we can wait a couple of weeks, I think. Right? Maybe? And I still need to think about a few details.

First, the France Fiasco!

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

It all sounds like true memory-making times. I am sure the boys will remember these vacations forever. but even I am not nutty enough to climb into a tin can with 3 small boys to travel thousands of miles without an escape plan! I'll pray for you.

g. fox said...

oh my god, can I come?