Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This Little Piggy...

I have a cracked toenail.

I know, I know, who the heck cares. This isn't internet worthy, is it?

But the thing is, it's starting to hurt.

It's cracked down the middle, see? Vertically, not horizontally. And it's been cracked for months.

I keep thinking it will grown out, but now I think the two sides might actually be growing at different rates, because it isn't working, no matter how low I cut the sides to prevent snagging. Because the nail gets caught on my bedsheets, and it's uncomfortable. And now it's hurting.

How does one fix this? And just how bad does it have to get before I call the doctor? Do I have to wait until I can't wear shoes, or until the nail bleeds? I'm not at that point yet, but I'd like to know.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

oooof....maybe get a pedicure and they can dress it up in a way where it won't irritate you like that?

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!! Get to a podiatrist or doctor or pedicurist or anyone at all right now!!!

Susan's Losin' said...

I'm with Linda. I doubt that it will heal itself! Sorry.

Debs said...

oh ouch. I have a sore toe too - I hit it on the banister and it's all bruised :( so I can totally sympathise on the ouchy-ness.

And I agree, get it check out asap