Friday, July 08, 2011

Run Of The Mill

So, I joined Runkeeper.

It's an online workout community. You log your runs, or your workouts. It's supposed to be a team building thing, I think. You can also purchase an app and then run with your phone, and it will automatically tell you how far you ran and map it out for you an an actual map, and then you can choose to have people see where you ran.

I run on a treadmill, so it's a lot less exciting. But I like seeing what my trends are - for example, I run more on Wednesdays than on any other day of the week. And on the 13th of the month, I run less. How does this work? I don't know.

A coupe of months ago a little window popped up that said I had beat my farthest distance in a month.

I was thrilled. I had run ninety miles in a month! Of course, this just meant I had to do it again the following month, right?

I did. And then I did it again.

In June I ran 102.7 miles.
In the past year I have run 835 miles, and according to the treadmill, burned 88,535 calories.

I'm going to go have a donut now.



2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

WOW!! I am impressed! Have 2 donuts & a piece of pizza too! No, only kidding about the snacks, but you definitely deserve a donut. Keep it up!!

g. fox said...

I had a dog once whose name was "fuck yeah."