Friday, April 11, 2008

Extra Special SLeepy


Andrew used to be this little squishy infant who smiled at me and slept almost all night, waking up only to eat two or three times.

Andrew is now a squishy infant who smiles and laughs and cries all the time, especially if I am looking away from him, or if I try to get into my own bed.

Nicholas had a lot of trouble learning to sleep through the night. I remember going through the process of letting him learn how to fall asleep on his own. I remember doing the same for Nate. And now, unfortunately, I think I need to do the same thing for Andrew. Because last night I was awake more than I was asleep. Besides making me very very tired, it lowers my resistance to hostess cupcakes and pop tarts. Not to mention brownies.

But last night when I tried to wait it out for ten minutes, that's ten minutes of his screeching at midnight which translates to about three hours "reel feel," he sounded like he was choking and I was afraid he was going to seriously hurt himself. Not to mention the fact that the other boys started making "about to wake up" noises in response to the screaming. (Actually, it's a miracle neither of them have woken up before.)

However, something must be done. And if you are me, you know this begins with a list.

No comments: