Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thorny Brush

Here are a couple of photos of the horrible, evil, thorny plant life that I have been battling all week. In the close up you can see the big huge thorns. But the smaller, newer branches also have thorns, and they are smaller and closer together and cling more to the clothing, hair, and skin.And in this picture you can see how far out these things have crept - there are several clumps along the side of the lawn, going all the way down to the brook. I'm starting off with just one clump and then I'll decide if it's worth moving on to the next.

2 comments:

LARISSA said...

I don't know why, but I keep thinking about "Into the Woods" whenever you talk about this bush. You know, the song in the second act by the Princes...when one prince is complaining about the thicket at the bottom of sleeping beauty's tower and the other says that dwarfs are far more upsetting...

Kathleen said...

SO DO I!
But mostly I think about how it's much harder than you think it would be to get through this stuff.
And then I think "Dwarves! Dwarfs! Dwarfs!"