Friday, April 25, 2008

real incident

the other day we went to lunch at the 99, a place near us we feel more than comfortable taking the kids, where we can get more than burgers.

During lunch I, of course, had to drag Nate into the bathroom. Nicholas had laready been with Steve, but insisted on coming with us. It wasn't until I opened the door that I realized he was excited and telling Nate about the urinals. "You pee standing up!" he was saying. He was very surprised, and I had to explain the difference between men's rooms and women's rooms.

I then dragged the three of us into the disabled stall at the end, because it's the biggest. Nicholas watched Nate go, then I said it was my turn. No sooner do I sit down than Nathan says "I'm done" and reached for the door lock so he can go play with the sink. "NO!" I shouted. "Not when Mommy's going!" I reached out and grabbed his shirt, yanking him away from the door.

"Why?" Nate asks.
Just then Nicholas practically shouts "You peed, Mommy! Good Job!"

I could hear shuffling and the opening and closing of doors.

See, you never value using a public restroom on your own until you have an announcer and a foil.

3 comments:

Debs said...

Good job on the peeing :-)

The thing with Little One is persuading him that he wants to stop what he's doing and go for a wee. So I find myself saying things like 'do you want to go for a big boy wee? No? ok, how bout a Thomas wee? or a Spiderman wee?' and you just have to work through a whole list of character names until one takes his fancy!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, that's good! I am laughing & wiping away tears at the same time! Good job, Mommy, excellent job!!

Jamie said...

HAH!