Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fishing

My mother can spend hours at the grocery store. And I have always made fun of her, considering myself smart for making a list, and knowing exactly what I need before I step in, so that I can get through as quickly as possible.

Do you buy tuna fish? Canned tuna, I mean? I tried to buy canned tuna, and you have no idea how confusing it can get. Not only are there different brands, but there are different sizes - big cans, little cans, and even bags, now. Not to mention different kinds - solid white, chink white, albacore, tuna in water, tuna in oil.... flavored tuna fish... It was so confusing I couldn't tell which brand was the most expensive, or which was least expensive.

So I spent fifteen minutes just buying tuna fish, something we don't buy very often, because the kids hate it.

2 comments:

Debs said...

i totally understand the tuna fish selection difficulties. I don't even eat the stuff, but the rest of the family do, and sometimes it can take forever trying to find the exact match to what it is you wanted.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hee hee hee! It's genetic...soon your children will be rolling their eyes & nudging one another while you are standing standing before the shelves seemingly entranced for endless minutes like someone in the throes of a petit mal seizure while they run through the store throwing things into the basket!!