Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just Until Tuesday

I want to know who the people are that change their minds when political forces call them on the phone.

Are there really people sitting around wishing that the Republicans of New Hampshire will call them up so that they could ask their questions and clarify a few points? Do politicians honestly feel that voters will come to like them and perhaps even change their minds about who they will vote for if they are called repeatedly? I mean, the tactic must work, because we are certainly getting enough phone calls for it. But personally, all they make me want to do is wish I could reach through the phone lines and squeeze the callers lips shut REALLY TIGHT with my fingers. Or perhaps bash them on the head with the phone. For the greater good.

I know I shouldn't answer the phone. But the caller ID NEVER says who's calling. Once it said OBAMA, way back before the primaries. But these days the callers are from companies hired to harass us, so all that comes up is OUT OF AREA, and sometimes people I know show up that way as well. Sometimes the callers are volunteers, and private numbers or wireless numbers pop up. It could be a school parent, or a teacher calling from a cell.

Next time, and I'm sure there will be a next time, I shall ask the caller if the tactic - calling people and harassing them, is working, but before I get an answer I'll interrupt. "But now isn't really a good time for me. Why don't you give me YOUR home number, and I'll call YOU?"

No comments: